Sue Sabol always loved a party! In her social circle, she was the one who hosted dinner parties and wine tastings — just because she liked doing it. That’s how she learned that details are the essence of a memorable party.
Sue started Opulent Events after a successful career steering corporate events for management teams at AT&T and Seimens Enterprise Communications. Her natural creative thinking and organizational skills were honed by the challenge of pleasing demanding executives and thousands of global employees.
“It was thrilling!” she says. “I loved every minute of it.”
Now, as president of Opulent Events, Sue concentrates her creativity on New Jersey-based clients, applying equal verve to family parties and statewide conventions. Though client needs occasionally take Sue to far-flung locales, her husband and twin boys keep her close to home in beautiful Hunterdon County.
Sue earned a bachelor’s in marketing, then a dual master’s in corporate communications and organizational behavior, all from Fairleigh Dickinson University. She has taught college-level event marketing and is certified by the Wine & Spirit Education Trust as a sommelier.
Our core team is known for its easy smiles and enthusiasm. But don’t let that fool you. We have your back when it comes to monitoring budgets, deadlines, and event-day “surprises.”
Helping us with the details are dozens of vendors we’ve vetted for services ranging from photography and catering, to flowers and make-up, to stage lighting and linens. Often those services come at a discount because of our ongoing business relationships. And we never mark up our vendors’ costs. Never!
Why hire Opulent?
- An Easy Mind. The average organizational gala takes 4 to 6 weeks to design and plan. If we do it for you, that’s 250 hours you’re NOT expending. From start to finish, we track budgets, manage timelines, and ensure a seamless celebration. You’ll have to adjust this to make it jive with your reality. I don’t know the real numbers.
- Sheer Creativity. There’s a universe of options to bring your vision to life. Know-how and planning help us grasp the possibilities, then narrow the scope to your needs.
- Enjoyment at Your Own Event. Since we’re covering the details, you get to relax at your own party, converse with your guests and be merry.
- Because You Dare to Change! Some organizations cling to the same look and same fundraising activities year after year. Opulent can analyze your event and staffing and provide a report full of fresh ideas for greater revenue.
- Go Global! Our team has been coordinating memorable social and corporate events throughout the world for more than 15 years — from backyard barbeques to Fortune 500 anniversaries in the capitols of Europe. Want something distinctive? We’ve probably done it.
- Professional Discounts. We’re happy to work with your preferred vendors. Or you may find that our established business relationships bring vendor discounts you couldn’t access on your own. We never mark up vendor fees with add-on percentages. Never!
- Service with Scruples. After every event, we ask our customers: How did we do? Where could we improve? We’re not afraid to ask because that’s how we get better. You get the benefit of our fearlessness.
Need Party Ideas?
An architect’s 10-year business anniversary needed personal oomph to make it meaningful. We suggested before-and-after slides to showcase his best projects. The guests loved it!
Ask the birthday boy what he wants his cake to look like and it’s completely different from the parents ideas. (We like the kids’ thinking!)
Instead of numbering tables at the wedding reception, name them after significant locales in the couple’s courtship. Make it about them!
A neighborhood house party became an impressive event when the hostess hired Opulent to run an in-home wine tasting. The sommelier’s presence changed the ambience from routine to refined.
Thank you Opulent, Sue and team for our wonderful celebration! It was an amazing party and everyone had a great time!!
Thank you Opulent Events for hosting Somi Fine Art Gallery’s Reception! The evening was perfect thanks to you. We could not have been more pleased.